Here are two free ebooks, out today: Free by Chris Anderson is a book about the new economics of the Internet age, and how businesses and content-creators have to learn to deal with this. If the name sounds familiar it’s because it is: Mr. Anderson’s the same person who wrote about the Long Tail in 2006, and whose ideas are consistently relevant to what we do here at Novelr. There’s a catch however: thus far Free is only available online, at Scribd, or as an unabridged audiobook download at Audible. I’ll update you if he ever makes a pdf file available for free download. The second ebook is The New Liberal Arts, available as a pdf file from Snarkmarket. Take a look at that one, it’s got a pretty interesting business model wrapped around it.
By Eli James
- The Novelr Primer: Everything You Need To Know About Web Fiction
- Simple Rules for Writing Fulfilling Web Fiction
- Making Money From Online Fiction - I've Done It, So Can You
- The Novelr Guide To eBook Formats
- How To Build Community Around Your Fiction
- Picture Book Theory: Why Design is So Important To Web Fiction
- 1000 True Fans: Making Money Off Your Work
- 1000 True Fans And Online Fiction: The Truth
- A Format For Online Fiction
- Why Movie Bookcovers Suck
- Top 10 Ways To Write An Anticlimax
- (Series): Design: Improving Readability Without Lifting A Pencil
Novelr is an idea blog and a community rally point for Internet fiction, produced regularly since 2006. More?