The writer is both a sadist and a masochist. We create people we love, and then we torture them. The more we love them, and the more cleverly we torture them along the lines of their greatest vulnerability and fear, the better the story. Sometimes we try to protect them from getting booboos that are too big. Don’t. This is your protagonist, not your kid.
By Eli James
- The Novelr Primer: Everything You Need To Know About Web Fiction
- Simple Rules for Writing Fulfilling Web Fiction
- Making Money From Online Fiction - I've Done It, So Can You
- The Novelr Guide To eBook Formats
- How To Build Community Around Your Fiction
- Picture Book Theory: Why Design is So Important To Web Fiction
- 1000 True Fans: Making Money Off Your Work
- 1000 True Fans And Online Fiction: The Truth
- A Format For Online Fiction
- Why Movie Bookcovers Suck
- Top 10 Ways To Write An Anticlimax
- (Series): Design: Improving Readability Without Lifting A Pencil
Novelr is an idea blog and a community rally point for Internet fiction, produced regularly since 2006. More?