We have to be very clever about those things. You have to remember that it’s only a few hundred years, if that much, that artists are working with money. Artists never got money. Artists had a patron, either the leader of the state or the duke of Weimar or somewhere, or the church, the pope. Or they had another job. I have another job. I make films. No one tells me what to do. But I make the money in the wine industry. You work another job and get up at five in the morning and write your script.
By Eli James
- The Novelr Primer: Everything You Need To Know About Web Fiction
- Simple Rules for Writing Fulfilling Web Fiction
- Making Money From Online Fiction - I've Done It, So Can You
- The Novelr Guide To eBook Formats
- How To Build Community Around Your Fiction
- Picture Book Theory: Why Design is So Important To Web Fiction
- 1000 True Fans: Making Money Off Your Work
- 1000 True Fans And Online Fiction: The Truth
- A Format For Online Fiction
- Why Movie Bookcovers Suck
- Top 10 Ways To Write An Anticlimax
- (Series): Design: Improving Readability Without Lifting A Pencil
Novelr is an idea blog and a community rally point for Internet fiction, produced regularly since 2006. More?